NEWS CORP (AR HOUSE SEARCHING APP)
News Corp project was to conceptualize and produce testable prototypes that reconsider UI/UX for online real-estate discovery. Concepts were focus on Mobile/Web, AR and VR in that order of priority.
It was a 5-weeks project from March to April 2017, in a small team with 5 students and a lead faculty- Brad MacDonald (Lead Faculty), Mikei Huang, Dian Rachmawati, Taylor Rodriguez, Aine Zhou.
Each team members presented their own ideas and delivered high-fidelity prototypes to News Corp at the end of the month.
- Interest and experience designing UI/UX.
- Experience with rapid prototyping.
- Experience building functional prototypes.
- Experience with AR and VR.
To create testable prototypes that reconsider UI/UX for online real-estate discovery. The creation of diverse prototypes that push our understanding of how users find real-estate that is relevant to their needs. Prototypes could be a mix of static comps or functional walk-throughs with an emphasis on core functionality as opposed to look-and-feel. Final prototypes were presented such that they can be focus-tested by an independent party.
To position Newscorp/Realtor.com to be first-to-market with alternate approaches to the sale of real-estate.
- Make it less painful
- Great shopping experience
- Rapid scanning of inventory
Redefining home buying experience with Augmented Reality
PROS OF REAL ESTATE IN AR
- Make it possible to envision and experience a property personally without actually being present physically.
- Change the way people experience home buying, building and selling.
- Bring traditional, flat print materials such as blueprints and photos to life right in front of the consumer.
- Provide great value at the early stages of a construction project, to the final selling and marketing tools when selling a property.
Integrating with Couple matching
Couple can have a shared account where they can view homes
Get notifications based on the user’s inputs / partner’s inputs
Share the property information with the partner
Integrating with A.I.
A.I. sends notifications based on the user inputs
A.I. gives a guideline how to activate AR
Filtering system (Like or not)
- Casual Home Searcher
- Just starting to consider buying houses, or just starting to look for houses
- 27-7 months before closing
- Have some preferences but are willing to open up their options
- Like to walk/drive around neighbourhood
- Medium to very tech savvy user
realtor.com® is the trusted resource for home buyers, sellers and dreamers, offering the most comprehensive source of for-sale properties, among competing national sites, and the information, tools and professional expertise to help people move confidently through every step of their home journey. It pioneered the world of digital real estate 20 years ago, and today helps make all things home simple, efficient and enjoyable. realtor.com®is operated by News Corp subsidiary Move, Inc. under a perpetual license to operate realtor.com® from the National Association of REALTORS.®
NYC Media Lab connects digital media and technology companies with New York City's universities to drive innovation, entrepreneurship and talent development. A public-private partnership launched by the New York City Economic Development Corporation, NYC Media Lab funds prototyping projects that foster collaboration across a range of disciplines core to the future of media and runs The Combine, an early stage accelerator for emerging media and technology startups.